How To Deal With Narcissistic People - Know The Signs.
Here are the seven most common signs of narcissism.
1. He or she displays a lack of empathy. As you spend more time investing in a narcissist, you may notice that he / she seems unable to put him / herself in someone else's place emotionally. This often leads to callous and self serving behaviors. Sometimes dangerous behaviors.
2. A narcissistic personality will often show a willingness to exploit other people. You may well see they have few qualms about stepping on other people if it benefits him / her.
3. Idealized thinking is a prevalent theme. A narcissistic might put others, including you, on a pedestal, only to completely discard or describe you as worthless further down the track. He or she often fantasizes about the perfect love, beauty, or power, and feels he / she has a right to it.
4. Having a grandiose sense of self worth is a very common pattern. Your narcissist might exaggerate his or her accomplishments and expect to associate with other 'high level' people. This most often leads to feelings of superiority, a haughty attitude and / or excessive expectations.
5. A narcissistic personality often will exhibit an excessive sense of entitlement. He or she may feel as if preferential treatment ought to come her / his way as of right.
6. A narcissist will most often will crave admiration and praise to the point that it becomes almost like a drug. This drug has been termed 'narcissistic supply' and the narcissist most often goes to excessive lengths to obtain it.
7. He or she often may be very jealous of the accomplishments of others, and even become angry at the successes of others who then take the focus away from her or him.
How To Deal With Narcissistic People - Learn How To Protect Yourself.
In order to protect yourself from a person like this, use the signs of narcissism listed in this article to help you see whether someone in your life may be narcissistic.
Then you need to do whatever you have to do in order to protect yourself from being a victim of this person and their insanity.
Read and educate yourself as much as you can. It's very important to learn how to deal with a narcissist! Then take the vital steps necessary to protect yourself and your children (if they are affected).
Sometimes this means getting completely away from these people all together, and sometimes you can have milder but more distant contact.
The most important thing to remember in dealing with a narcissistic person is that it is them who has the problem, not you.
The Experts Recommend:
All the experienced experts in preventing narcissistic abuse make two vital recommendations:
1) If at all possible, walk away (leave) your narcissistic abuser.
2) If that's not possible due to constraints of your employment, wider family, children or love, you must, repeat must, take advantage of the best support and resources available to learn how to deal with a narcissistic personality, and in doing so discover how to protect yourself from ongoing emotional, mental and sometimes physical harm.
Please take action TODAY to protect yourself.
How To Deal With Narcissistic People - It's Vital To Learn More.
The support services provided by Kim and Steve Cooper are my top recommendation for anyone suffering through any type of narcissistic relationship.
The services they supply, which includes a very informative email newsletter, several excellent ebooks ready for immediate download, ongoing individual counseling services, methods of ongoing treatment for narcissistic personality disorder and a raft of narcissistic personality disorder help, is unsurpassed, as the many testimonials from satisfied clients attest.
Please take a moment now to enter your details below to receive Kim and Steve's excellent newsletter, and to gain access to all their other support services. They will not waste your time, nor bombard you with endless emails, and if you wish to unsubscribe at any time, it is very easy to do just by clicking a link at the bottom of any message.
As someone who has also suffered narcissistic abuse I wish you every success, harmony and peace!